Monday, April 15, 2013

Good news, everyone

I'm not going to be updating this blog with thoughts on every week's episode of Game of Thrones. What's the point? I think you know by now what I found objectionable (Edmure being changed from brash to doltish just so Robb looks good; the decision to produce a deleted scene from a direct-to-DVD American Pie flick in the midst of an otherwise serious drama) and what I liked (most aspects of the production other than the writing) on the micro level, and a serialized drama isn't going to offer enough progression for new insights every week on the macro level. To a large extent we already know what the macro level looks like; Benioff and Weiss have been pretty consistent in their vision of the material. To be blunt, that's a vision that appeals most viscerally to people I'm ashamed to share a fandom with. But hey, they probably wouldn't like me either.

No comments:

Post a Comment